In the event of an Accident
- Move out of the way of traffic and turn on your hazard warning lights.
- Call the police even in a minor accident. If someone is injured, request medical assistance. If fire is involved, request fire department aid.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police or your Mendota claim representative.
- Exchange necessary information with the other driver(s). Be sure to write down the other driver's name, address, phone number, license plate number, insurance information, and contact information of all witnesses. Also, if it is safe, take photos with a camera or cell phone camera of the vehicles and accident scene.
- Report the accident to Mendota as soon as possible.
- Call 1-800-422-0793 or go to www.MyMendota.com to report your claim online. The faster you report your claim, the sooner we can get you back on the road.